Sending Multi Part messages

.NET library for SMPP protocol
MartinS

Sending Multi Part messages

Post by MartinS » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:04 am

Hi

I have inherited our SMPP platform, running version 1.0.11.0. I am a Network Engineer by trade, so need some help in working out when we bind to our customers new SMPP Endpoint we are unable to send multipart messages, the system sends part 1 but then never sends part 2. I can see in a packet capture that we get an ACK from the endpoint to the first part of the message, but the second part never gets sent.

They have an older endpoint that we can send multi-part messages to without issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Martin
sophiaabigail

Re: Sending Multi Part messages

Post by sophiaabigail » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:52 pm

The multipart/alternative content type is used when the same information is presented in different body parts in different forms. The body parts are ordered by increasing complexity.multipart/form-data contains boundary to separate 192.168.l.254 name/value pairs. The boundary acts like a marker of each chunk of name/value pairs passed when a form gets submitted. The boundary is automatically added to a content-type of a request headerMultipart form data: The ENCTYPE attribute of <form> tag specifies the method of encoding for the form data. It is one of the two ways of encoding the HTML form. It is specifically used when file uploading is required in HTML form. It sends the form data to server in multiple parts because of large size of file.0 GroupMail allows senders to send both an HTML and plain-text version of their email at the same time. This is done using a format called Multi-Part MIME. When a multi-part MIME email (read: an email that includes both an HTML and plain-text part) is created in GroupMail, they will be sent out together as one message.