Send MMS notification / WAP Push

gogupandele

Send MMS notification / WAP Push

Post by gogupandele » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Hello,

Maybe what you will read here it sounds silly but I would like to ask for your help in order to shed some light over my SMPP knowledge.

The idea is pretty simple: I have to write a proxy that sends MMS push notifications to a SMSC using SMPP. Now, I know how to work with SMPP using your library without any issues but when it comes to sending that notifications I'm getting some issues and I will explain you why:

a) I'm connecting to SMSC - OK
b) I'm binding to SMSC - OK
c) I'm sending a WAP Push Message - OK (I'm even getting a confirmation notification that everything is OK)
d) Nothing shows on the phone... :-(

Using Wireshark and also your source code, I see that your library method SMS.ForWapPush() generates a SI (service indicator) notification that is being sent to SMSC; on the other hand, due to the fact that I can get some TCP dumps of the current (very very old) implementation, I realize that the current proxy doesn't sends any SI notifications but it sends a MMS m-notification-ind (application/vnd.wap.mms-message).

Bottom line, sending a SI - doesn't get anything on the phone (but the SMSC accepts the message), but sending a MMS m-notification-ind - it works. My question is pretty simple - from your experience - this is a normal behavior or there is a SMSC configuration issue or...?

Thank you very much.
alt
Site Admin

Re: Send MMS notification / WAP Push

Post by alt » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:30 am

Hello,

MMS m-notification-ind is not yet implemented.

If you have any working example in Wireshark dump, please send it to email support@ it helps to implement this feature faster.
alt
Site Admin

Re: Send MMS notification / WAP Push

Post by alt » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:48 pm

MMS m-notification-ind is now implemented in the version 2.9