How can i send sms containing more than 160 characters

Smpp v3.4 client

Moderator: alt

yepak

How can i send sms containing more than 160 characters

Post by yepak » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:04 am

I wan to send a long sms having more than 160 characters so what should i do ?
Kindly give me a solution in Coding form
alt
Site Admin

Post by alt » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:46 pm

You can use methods client.SubmitText or client.SubmitTextAsync.
koltaviy

Post by koltaviy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:09 pm

alt wrote:You can use methods client.SubmitText or client.SubmitTextAsync.
Sorry.. And how could I define the number of sms parts in long sms?
Beatnyama

SMS Parts

Post by Beatnyama » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:34 pm

You dont have to define anything, just send the text as normal and the rest will be taken care of.

Eg, enter the text in the message box and press submit.
There's no limit to the amount of things you can do, provided you have enough processor power!!
koltaviy

Re: SMS Parts

Post by koltaviy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:03 am

Beatnyama wrote:You dont have to define anything, just send the text as normal and the rest will be taken care of.

Why do you say that i do not have to define anything, if I say I need.
Please, if you do not have the answer, do not post anything.
I asked the question and is still waiting for reply.
Beatnyama

Post by Beatnyama » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:46 pm

koltaviy wrote:
Beatnyama wrote:You dont have to define anything, just send the text as normal and the rest will be taken care of.

Then make your question more clearer so that we can help you

How do you want to define the parts? Or do u want the program to calculate the parts for you?

Oh, and i know what i'm talking about, its what you are talking about that i dont understand.
There's no limit to the amount of things you can do, provided you have enough processor power!!
koltaviy

Post by koltaviy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Beatnyama wrote:
koltaviy wrote:

Then make your question more clearer so that we can help you

How do you want to define the parts? Or do u want the program to calculate the parts for you?

Oh, and i know what i'm talking about, its what you are talking about that i dont understand.
What can't you understand?? You use the SubmitText or SubmitTextAsync methods to send long messages. Right?? You send it and that's all - you forgot about it. But I want to know how many messages were really sent - how many parts the long message consists. Now I use SubmitAsync method and do all long-message work by myself, so I know exactly the count of parts and their length. The question is Do i have the obility to find out the parts count when I use long-message methods. Or it's just for I-do-not-care-about-my-money persons )
alt
Site Admin

Post by alt » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:12 pm

1) If you want to know how many parts will be send you have to use methods
PrepareSubmit and then SubmitAsync or Submit.

2) SubmitText method returns array of SubmitSmResp. The length of this array is a number of submited parts.
Beatnyama

Post by Beatnyama » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:20 pm

koltaviy wrote:What can't you understand?? You use the SubmitText or SubmitTextAsync methods to send long messages. Right?? You send it and that's all - you forgot about it. But I want to know how many messages were really sent - how many parts the long message consists. Now I use SubmitAsync method and do all long-message work by myself, so I know exactly the count of parts and their length. The question is Do i have the obility to find out the parts count when I use long-message methods. Or it's just for I-do-not-care-about-my-money persons )
Ok, that better now.
I dont forget about it, i save the full message and other properties in a database when sending messages, its just that my SMSC doesn't charge me outgoing messages.
One way to do it is to check the lenth the mesage before sending it manually, i always make sure my sent messages are less than 160, but for you just find how many 160s are in the message and save it somewhere.
I dont see any properties anywhere that can help you when sending, its however different when receiving as you can use data.TotalSegments
koltaviy

Post by koltaviy » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:31 am

Thanks.