Receiving SMS text messages

Smpp v3.4 client

Moderator: alt

adrianaitken

Receiving SMS text messages

Post by adrianaitken » Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi, my SMSC changed system and I can now receive SMS texts. However, when I send it (when running your demo VB.Net program), all I get is the hex data in the log screen. This is (I assume) being caught from the evReceiveData() function.
How can I get the actual message, originating number etc since I had hoped that evDeliverSM() would have caught it (the code shows the kind of information I want) and parsed the message appropriately ?
Regards
Adrian

I no longer work so do not use this any more and therefore can not help you with any answers. Bye bye and good luck.
Thayhor

Re: Receiving SMS Text Messages

Post by Thayhor » Fri May 08, 2009 5:16 pm

I am face with the similar problem of receiving sms from my smsc. I've tried everything I could. How do u resolve your own problem and what are the System type you use?
I used "SMPP "as system type but I don't know what my smsc provider is using. Can that be the problem?

Concerning the send sms. You can look for any lib that will decode PDU in your Logs. I found one sometimes at codeproject.com.

Please let me know how you solve the receiving sms.

Thank you
adrianaitken

Post by adrianaitken » Mon May 11, 2009 8:26 am

Hi Thayhor, I have no problem in sending SMS's and I don't have a solution for the receiving of them - that's why I posted here :lol:
I connect as a Transceiver, that way I can send and receive whilst bound to the SMSC. If your SMSC doesn't allwo you to bind as a transceiver I don't believe you can ever receive any incoming SMS messages.
Regards
Adrian

I no longer work so do not use this any more and therefore can not help you with any answers. Bye bye and good luck.
adrianaitken

Post by adrianaitken » Mon May 11, 2009 8:42 am

And fixed it !!!!
I just removed evReceiveData from the addHandler and evDeliverSm kicks in as I had hoped and gives me the source and destination SMS number and the actual message.
A happy start to the the week :lol:
Regards
Adrian

Thayhor

Post by Thayhor » Mon May 11, 2009 4:43 pm

I bound as tranceiver and I can receive message from the SMSC like QuerySm but the problem is that I cannot receive on the short code like "1234" provision for me on the smsc.

How can I achieve that. Just to receive from short code, since I can received delivery message from my smsc already.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
adrianaitken

Post by adrianaitken » Tue May 12, 2009 1:12 pm

The telephone company (the people who own the SMSC) have to set that up. They set one up for me which points to my systemID. It is not something you or I can do.
The shortcode gets sent so if you have more than one you can do different things ie shortcode for music,shortcode for games etc.
Regards
Adrian