How to decode send and receive hexstrings ...

Smpp v3.4 client

Moderator: alt

teddya2007

How to decode send and receive hexstrings ...

Post by teddya2007 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:41 am

hi,

i am having difficulties converting the hexstring to string. I have tried different methods to convert the hexstring to string, but non seem to work, i can see the partial text contained but not everything, the reason why i am trying to decode is i want to put logic into the program i am writing to flag the sms sent with a delivery status, so that at a later date i can generate reports based on delivery status.

And another question is if i use an array list with a couple of dstAddresses and try to use a for loop to send the same message to the list of numbers from the array, i only recieve the message only on two numbers and the rest are ignored, wanted to ask if there was any way to send several messages, sort of like bulk smsing, i would appriciate any examples u can give.

Thank you very much for your prompt response.
majortargets

Post by majortargets » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:55 pm

I am having the same problem too
BenEllis

Post by BenEllis » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14 am

Aren't there Hex2Str and Str2Hex functions in the sample project?

If the message is the same and your SMSC supports it, you can use Submit_Multi to send the same message to multiple destination addresses.

you can use client.PrepareSubmit and pass in a list of DestinationAddresses to create a submit_multi request.